Last year was the best year for tourism ever recorded in Miami, according to statistics released last week by the Greater Miami Convention & Visitors Bureau.
In total, there were 16.5 million overnight visitors during the year, an increase of 3.5% compared to 2017.
Tourism statistics for 2018 included:
- 15.6 million hotel room nights sold (+1.5%)
- 5.8 million international overnight visitors (+4.1%)
- 6 million cruise passengers at PortMiami (12.5%)
- 22 million arrivals at MIA (+2%)
- $199.35 average daily hotel rate (+6.3%, fastest growth rate nationwide)
In 2019, more records are expected to be broken, thanks to new flights, cruise ships, and hotel rooms that have been added in the area
Source: The Next Miami